Please Notice: The Wiki have been discontinued and will no longer be updated. Information found on this page is not a reflection of our current developments.
This is the development wiki for SKAARHOJ controllers. You can find DIY and other development information on these pages.
All information, including downloads of schematics, board designs, Bill-Of-Materials etc you can find at the SKAARHOJ GitHub Repository and is provided for free under Creative Commons 3.0 BY-SA unless otherwise stated. Software is mostly licensed under GNU/GPL. The GitHub Repository is always the place to find the latest on developments and Arduino Libraries.
If you are simply interested in a quick introduction to the various SKAARHOJ controllers, take a look at skaarhoj.com. For latest updates on which ATEM Software Control/ATEM Firmware we support, look at the manual page.
How to Get Started
If you're the owner of a SKAARHOJ controller and want to get started with programming or customizing your device, we provide some tutorials that'll take you through each step. We suggest you start by confirming a connection to your device in Connecting to your ATEM switcher
- Connecting to your ATEM switcher - How to establish a connection between your ATEM switcher and SKAARHOJ device.
- Confirm IP of ATEM - How to read and set IP of ATEM switcher.
- Uploading a Sketch for your SKAARHOJ Device - Guide for uploading model sketches.
- How to Make your SKAARHOJ Device Fail - Debugging info if your system is unstable.
- State Information - What is communicated between the ATEM/SKAARHOJ at startup - and what is missing?
- Multiple Clients - How many clients can you connect to a ATEM Switcher?
After you have successfully made connection with your SKAARHOJ controller and wants to get your hands dirty with the source code, look in the Working with the ATEM Arduino Library section
Working with the ATEM Arduino Library
- Introduction to the Source Code of the C30alt Sketch - Most of the introduction is valid for all SKAARHOJ controllers.
- How the Buttons on a SKAARHOJ Controller is Programmed - The base for this tutorial is the C30alt sketch.
- Customizing The C201 Controller - A great insight in which ATEM features that are currently available.
- C90S Sketch Creation Walkthrough - See how you can create your own sketch by using bits and pieces from existing controller sketches.
- C90S Sketch Creation Walkthrough (SmartSwitch) - In this tutorial you learn how to program SmartSwitches.
Differences between ATEM Models - Some notes on the differences between the TVS, 1ME and 2ME.
- Introduction to Arduino Ethernet and Arduino Mega + Ethernet Shield - The boards are the processing power for SKAARHOJ controllers.
- Programming an Arduino Ethernet - How to connect a standalone Arduino Ethernet and run a simple blink sketch.
- Programming an Arduino Mega - How to connect a standalone Arduino Mega and run a simple blink sketch.
Hardware and DIY Electronics
Go to the Hardware and DIY Electronics page, to find all the information you need about components in the SKAARHOJ controllers, how to assemble these and how to debug!
- Controlling a Micro Video Hub - How to easy control any BMD Video Hub with the versatile GPIO module
Contribution and Development Resources
If you wish to contribute, please write to Kasper (see under Contact) for an account. Due to spam problems free account creation has been disabled.
Those of our development files that has passed the initial test of relevance is in SKAARHOJ Open Engineering GitHub repository
There is a sub-forum for SKAARHOJ products at ATEMuser as well. Please use that for development / support related discussions specific for the products on these pages.